Psalm 119:105


Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hannah's Book Review on Jesus Freaks by dc Talk and The Voice of the Martyrs

"Jesus Freak".  You've probably heard this term before, but what does it actually mean to be a "Jesus Freak"?  The Devotional, Jesus Freaks, written by dc Talk and The Voice of the Martyrs, will teach you what it is to be one.  You will read the stories of many believers who stood up for their faith in Jesus Christ.  Some stories are quite shocking:  Including Christians being attacked by wild animals for the amusement of others, two young girls being shot by their own pastor, and many being killed by their own families for their faith.  The stories will open your eyes to how good we have it here in the United States.
    
 The devotional goes over why we believe what we believe, how to see these heroic martyr deaths in God's eyes, and how to show love to our enemies and persecutors.  There are also specific prayers for persecuted Christians and their countries.
    
This book impacted my life by giving me a new view on my faith.  I asked myself  how I would respond if I were one of the Believers in these stories.  I have known  that Christian persecution existed, but I have never thought deeply about what life would be like if I were being attacked and hated for my beliefs.   It also encouraged me not to ever be ashamed of God or His Gospel, and to share His love with others.
    
I recommend this book to teens and adults who want to be impacted greatly by those who have given everything for the cause of Christ.  I believe this devotional will encourage you to be a stronger believer and a witness of God's love.



 

3 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful review! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I've always wanted to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing What a thought provoking review. Calvin was reading it today and told me that a quote stuck out in his mind. He shared it on his page. It's one of his favorites also. Hanna is so true about the impact of this book encouraging us to be strong. Thanks for sharing!Loved it!

    ReplyDelete