Psalm 119:105


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Using Technology for His Glory

Several Months ago a very precious friend of mine invited me to a Bible Study-Accountability group via text.. I was grateful for the invite and didn't realize how life-changing such a small thing could be!  I was living about an hour from our church and unable to leave my babies at this stage in my life to attend a Women's Study.  I prayed and asked God to fill the emptiness I was feeling regarding this..  His Answers are beautiful beyond my imagination..  So M-F after doing my devotion I started texting my 2 precious friends about what I had studied.  They also texted me  about what they had studied..  I get a 3 fold dose of the Word every morning from these two beautiful ladies..  I started thinking maybe others would benefit from such a sharing of the Word.. so I included others who maybe weren't used to reading the Word every day.. and then some  other friends as God laid them on my heart.. and then my own precious teen daughter.  The most wonderful blessing occurred when my teen daughter started texting the Word to me each day...  I have been doing this for several months now and have learned so much  from my beautiful texting buddies <3  Not only that.. we have been only a text away when a need for prayer has arisen.. and when I don't receive a devotion in the morning I know that I need to be praying.. and asking if everything is ok..  My love for the Word and fellowship has grown and I am grateful!  Please Consider starting a circle of precious texting or even facebooking  friends to help keep you in the Word and fellowship!  Truly it has been a precious treasure! 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Sometimes technology can be so impersonal, but like everything else, it's what we make of it or do with it. If God is in the midst or the focus, they why not?

    Isaiah 55:11 NASB

    So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
    It will not return to Me empty,
    Without accomplishing what I desire,
    And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

    If you are still doing it, I would love to be included!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to read this Pat :0) Will add you to my txt every Mon-Fri for the summer.. Can't wait to read some of yours <3

    ReplyDelete