Psalm 119:105


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Breakfast...

     So after years of doing breafast one way.. God has lain on my heart that He desired a different sort of morning for our family.  I used to get up do my devotion, make my husband breakfast and start school at 9am..  Well, I discovered that my oldest daughter wasn't eating breakfast and the little kids were not eating as well as they could be.  I always had cereal and oatmeal so they could just get up and help themselves when they were ready.  This week was a new week.  I've been getting up a little earlier and making breakfast for everyone and we all sit down to eat at 9am..  Even my sweetheart has been able to join us each day.  Day 1 we had scrambled eggs, toast & sausage.. Day 2 we had french toast and sausage... Day 3 we had omlettes with hash browns..   It has worked out great and everyone stays full until lunchtime!  Eating a good sized breakfast has also helped the kids be more alert for school.  We've also been able to start reading A Closer Look at the Evidence by Richard  & Tina Kleiss during our breakfast time together.  This book is a wonderful little devotional from Apologia-simple and thought-provoking.  Eating breakfast together is already becoming a treasure for our family.  It's wonderful  to have a time around the table to laugh, share, be nourished and nourish <3 

I'd love to hear how you do breakfast at your house<3  Please share.





1 comment:

  1. Uh...waffles on the couch while little ones watch bible cartoons. Elias is obsessed with veggie tales. Apple juice or water. Sometimes I make them sit at the table with frozen blueberries on their waffles, or a bananna, but when I make eggs, pancakes, salsa, etc. the little ones just let it sit and get cold., and I don't like to waste food. Calvin eats everything I make. And Loves to cook himself.

    ReplyDelete